Testimony

Monday, October 09, 2006

Where do my Friends Go?

Where do my friends go?

The dots that form their words,

that detail their personalities,

itemize their lives,

rest on a piece of glass before me,

baring their souls,

probing my mind,

chatting through the night.

But where do they go?

When the dots fade, and the owners, the writers fade with them,

back into the dark space behind the glass,

fading like Djinni back into their own worlds.

Does it matter who they are, or were, or will be?

Perhaps not – no!

Their words, their wisdom,

questions and answers are as true,

as valid as though they spoke to me directly.

So what is real?

In all of this one thing I know is real:

After the emotion, the empathy

The advice, suggestions, jokes and tears.

When I have cleansed my spirit with this on-line bond

I know one thing is real:

I promise this - the dots I send are real.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Content (except where noted) Copyright © John R Nickolls 2006